Imagine an anime adaptation of DRAMAtical Murder that is 100 % faithful to the visual novel, has beautiful animation, and includes all of the character routes.
- True love is perfect. No it’s not. Even perfect couples have their differences and bicker about them.
- Mundane girl meets speshul boy and her life is changed. Have the mundane world change the boy back, have the speshul world not be the mostly perfect utopia, or - gasp - genderflip the arrangement.
- Abduction is love. Always obtain consent.
- We hate each other so much but look we actually do love each other. Show the characters growing closer to each other over time, not in one desperate kiss.
- Transparent love triangles. Nooo make ALL characters viable options (and go for cooler things like quandrangles, or triangles within triangles) and don’t just make one Evil McEvil.
- Woman catches man kissing another woman - she becomes jealous and leaves him but later finds out the woman was his sister or something. Give “cheating” character a chance to explain themselves. The other character shouldn’t be that possessive/jealous.
- Rich man betters poor woman’s life by marrying her. Rich woman betters poor man’s life! Or poor individual uses prestige and power to help their fellows.
- Sweet girl, broody boy. Ordinary girl, ordinary boy. Or maybe the sweet girl is really a yandere.
- Immortal couples love each other forever and ever. The divorce rate on a first marriage is 50%. I’m sure some immortal couples will split up.
- Other race male marries human woman and they have a child. The child is a hated halfbreed and the father returns to his race. The parents raise the child together, the mother is the mysterious parent, the child is not the only halfbreed.
- Sex is the ultimate. If they are romantically attracted to each other first, then show the reader their romance before you get into the sexual part. Besides, if it’s about their love, well, anyone can have sex. Not everyone can have their love.
- All friends with benefits turn into loving couples. How about no.
- The main character must have a love arc to make their plot interesting. How about more asexual characters, muted love arcs, or just no love arcs at all? I want a celibate character.
- Traumas like rape, substance abuse, and childhood neglect are magically cured by romance and its sister trope, Love clears away all psychological problems. Do the research.
- Jealousy/possessiveness is love. It’s creepy and the character being controlled should be aware of it. Characters can be protective over their love interest (“Wear a seatbelt!”) but taking the spark plugs out of her car and refusing to return them so she can’t visit her friend (*cough* Edward Cullen *cough*) is controlling.
- Rakish male character cuts through women until he finds perfect virginal woman. Genderflipped? Maybe she’s just as bad as he is or at least not sparkling with innocence. The male character also shouldn’t be treating “easy” women as disposable and the virginal character as a prize.
- Women as prizes. Do not use this under penalty of death. Women are people. People are not to be won without their consent.
I am indeed a sneaky goober.
I really should have >.> lmao you are beautiful though!! Wait…. Have you ever sent me other anons!?!??
I have sent other anons…none that immediately come to mind…